Math/Science Classroom Teacher
East Central Independent School District
Job Announcement – August 3, 2020
The position for a Math/Science Teacher will be available at Heritage Middle School for the 2020-2021 school year. All individuals (district employees included) who are interested in this position must apply online through Frontline via the district website. The deadline for submitting an application is until the position is filled.
Position Function/Purpose: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Ensure students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare math lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teacher to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer (s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching /learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support the mission of school districts.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all minimum requirements will be screened.
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
Appropriate Texas Teacher’s Certificate – Math 4-8, Generalist 4-8, or Core Subjects 4-8; ESL certificate preferred
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
[Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate]
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours. Prolonged standing, frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting. Frequent walking. Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise. Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move textbooks and classroom equipment. Exposure to biological hazards.
Period of Employment: 10 months
Salary: Based on 2020-2021 Classroom Teacher Salary Scale
Superintendent of Schools
•An Equal Opportunity Employer•