NOMS - ECS Instructional Aide
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION – 1119-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: ECS CLASSROOM AIDE
1. Ability to work with children.
2. High school diploma.
3. Passing Paraeducator exam or equivalent college hours required.
4. Some group experience with children.
5. Must be able to lift, push or pull 40 pounds and also be able to bend at the waist, kneel and reach above your head.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal/Special Education Classroom Teacher/Director of Specialized Academic Programming.
JOB GOAL: To implement the educational programs developed by the Special Education teacher.
1. Provides assistance for the special education classroom teacher of exceptional students.
2. Assists the teacher in carrying out specifically designed instructional programs for individual students.
3. Complies with all Federal and State IDEA guidelines.
4. Assists in classroom assessments, IEP data collection, grading and filing activities.
5. Attendance at all in-service and other meetings directly assigned to this position.
6. Maintains classroom management and academics in the absence of the teacher.
7. Assists students with computer skills.
8. Performs necessary medically related services for students who have been determined by their physician to need such services, upon written delegation of the responsibilities and proper training by the Director of Health Services or the School Nurse.
9. Other duties assigned by school administrators and/or supervising teacher.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be based on 185 contract days and on the SJ-FED AIDE board-approved salary schedule for central office and school support staff. This position requires a 6.5-hour workday.
Revised: January 22, 1991
Revised: August 24, 1998
Revised: July 9, 2003
Revised: October 30, 2014
Revised: June 3, 2016
Revised: September 28, 2018
Revised: October 15, 2018