Swimming- Head Boys
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 2.5
JOB CODE: 1858HB
POSITION TYPE: TEMPORARY
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Head Coaches must hold a current certificate in AED/CPR upon hire.
• Assistant coaches must hold a current certificate in First Aid/CPR or a willingness to obtain.
• All coaches must be a CDE licensed teacher or hold a valid Coaches registration with CHSAA upon hire.
• All Coaches in Colorado must hold a current concussion certification from the NFHS or Children’s Hospital Colorado upon hire.
• All Coaches must pass the CHSAA annual Coaches Exam.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Previous coaching experience and/or participation at the high school or college level is preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Ability to supervise students, enforce district, school, league and CHSAA rules and regulations.
• Possess knowledge and skills in the specific sport.
• Ability to plan, organize and successfully direct specific sport.
• Ability to perform, as well as teach, advanced techniques in specific sport.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent Policies and building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND BACKGROUND: Hold a current certificate in First Aid/CPR or a willingness to obtain. Previous coaching experience and/or participation at the high school or college level. Must be able to supervise students, enforce district, school CHSSA rules and regulations. Possess knowledge and skills in the specific sport. Ability to plan, organize, successfully direct specific sport. Able to perform, as well as teach, advanced techniques in specific sport.
• When completing the application, please include current/previous coaching experience in the Work Experience section of the application or paste your resume, with coaching experience listed, to the online application.
• The salary listed is the base salary range. The exact salary to be paid will be based on the sport and previous years of experience, per Certified Master Agreement language.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.