Special Education Teacher, 1.0 FTE
Job | Posted 21 days ago
|Job Title: Special Education Teacher|
|Supervisor: Special Education Coordinator|
|Job Summary: Plan for and provide appropriate instruction for special education students.|
- Implement the goals and objectives of the school in relationship to special education.
- Fosters a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Utilizes instructional management systems that increase student learning and maximize time on task.
- Develops and implements Individual Education Programs.
- Maintain due process paperwork
- Evaluate students for Special Education services
- Collaborate with general education teachers and consultants.
- Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals on the IEPs.
- Communicates effectively with parents on a regular basis.
- Meets professional responsibilities and maintains and upgrades professional skills.
- Maintains professional work habits.
- Promotes and maintains positive pupil-teacher-parent relationships.
- Follow school curriculum outlines/guidelines and/or state standards for curriculum areas.
- Evaluate student performance according to system used by school.
- Promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the director as prescribed.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the development of each student.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce school rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students who do not follow rules.
- Serves as member of CTARS team.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the Special Education Coordinator/Director.
- A valid Minnesota teaching license in required area of Special Education or eligible to obtain variance toward licensure in area of Special Education.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, school personnel, and parents, and an ability to
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to motivate students and get them excited about learning.
- EBD/LD or similar license preferred.
- All resumes considered.
Achieve Language Academy
2169 Stillwater Ave., St. Paul, MN 55119
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200