Academic Interventionist - 20/21 SY
Job | Posted 3 months ago
- Collaborate with school leaders, teachers, and Certified MTSS/504 Coordinator in implementation of the school based academic intervention model.
- Design effective Tier 2 and 3 intervention lessons to accelerate student learning and provide direct instruction to Tier 3 and Tier 2 students.
- Provide professional development for certified and classified staff on intervention strategies and materials.
- Support the school in the development and implementation of the 90-day action plan.
- Coordinate instructional assistants for reading and math interventions.
- Help teachers develop and implement classroom-based, developmentally appropriate interventions for individual children and groups of children.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward academic achievement and curriculum goals.
- Implement and track all Tier 3 support plans and progress for all identified students.
- Prepare progress-monitoring data and participate in school professional learning communities.
- Participate in the Kyrene Student Intervention Team (KSIT) process with the principal, support staff, parents, and instructional staff as requested.
- Communicate and collaborate with classroom teachers about alignment between classroom instruction and intervention.
- Assess the accomplishments of students in a variety of ways on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of interim assessments.
- Build effective relationships with parents and students through regular communication and available to students
- and parents for education-related purposes, e.g., open house, conferences, extra-curricular activities.
- Work flexible schedule for before or afterschool supports as needed.
- Serve as a contributing member on assigned committees.
- Participate in professional development and meetings with Certified MTSS/504 Coordinator.
- Serve as a liaison and have active involvement with professionals at the District and site levels.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job listed above;
Valid Arizona Teaching Certification and five years of teaching experience; Knowledge and experience in implementing Response to Intervention; Knowledge and experience in the development and evaluation of academic interventions
Master’s Degree in Education
SEI endorsement preferred
Employment Information: 2020-21 school year; 218 days
Salary link: Certified
Kyrene School District 28
1350 North Lakeshore Drive, Chandler, AZ 85226
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,651
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 23.13
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 143