Custodian - Full-Time (Evening Custodian) - 1 position
Please download the attached document for a full Job Description.
Primary Function (Job Goal)
To maintain the physical school plant and grounds in a condition of operating excellence so that full educational use of them may be made at all times.
Reports To (accountability)
Director of Facilities and Operations
Facilities and Operations Manager 2nd Shift
Receives technical and work direction from the lead custodian (where applicable)
Qualifications / Local Requirements
- Working knowledge of floor care and housekeeping.
- Knowledge of safety practices and work methods.
- Ability to learn custodial procedures, methods and schedules.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others on a custodial “team” to complete work assigned, when needed.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to perform all phases of basic building operations and/or the ability to learn the required skills.
- Ability to use common cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to make basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs.
- Ability to meet schedules and time lines.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions in English.
- Employees possessing a valid Illinois driver’s license are preferred. Custodians must maintain insurability at the District’s standard rate during the term of employment.
- Pre-employment medical examination, including tuberculosis clearance
- Pass a Regional Office of Education Fingerprint/Background Clearance including Federal Bureau of Investigation
An internal candidate is required to have at least experience as a part-time custodian
- Maintaining physical condition necessary for heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, climbing, pushing, pulling, walking, standing or sitting.
- Ability to work on uneven or slippery surfaces.
- Ability to climb ladders and work off of one.
- Capacity to operate commercial floor cleaning equipment.
- Visual capacity to review written documentation and assure proper and complete cleaning.
- Hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate power cleaning equipment.
Term of Employment
15 paid holidays
Completion of mandated training through Global Compliance Network within first 45 days of employment without financial compensation.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation with the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement on evaluations for ESP employees.