Athletics/Activities - Coaching 8-9-10 Softball
Job Description: Coaching 8-9-10 Softball
Reports to: Activities Director and High School Principal
Qualifications: Must possess a Coaching Endorsement or Coaching Authorization as mandated by the Iowa Department of Education, Iowa Board of Educational Examiners, Iowa High School Athletic Association, and Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union.
Job Goal: To develop and promote the activity at Marion High School for which he/she is hired
1. Assist in organizing, conducting, and evaluating daily practices.
2. Maintaining, inventory and periodic safety checks of equipment, supplies, and facilities in his/her care.
3. Assist in supervising locker rooms and facilities until all students leave.
4. Assuring necessary medical attention.
5. Attending all Varsity games, matches, and/or meets when not scouting (when applicable).
6. Attending all required Iowa High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) and/or Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (IGHSAU) meetings and submission of all required IHSAA/IGHSAU paperwork.
7. Scouting, when directed by the Head Varsity Coach.
8. Assisting the Booster Club with needs specific to his/her activity.
9. Attending all meetings called by the Head Coach.
10. Checking academic progress and eligibility of participants according to Marion Independent Schools, the IHSAA and/or IGHSAU rules and regulations.
11. Establish and enforce all regulations of Marion Independent Schools, the IHSAA and/or the IGHSAU, including informing the participants of these policies (Good Conduct, transportation regulations, etc.).
12. Promote and remain loyal to the philosophies of the Head Coach.
13. Provide feedback and communicate with the Head Coach and/or Activities Director about individual and team issues.
14. Conducting self in a sportsmanlike manner while modeling and promoting the high ideals of sportsmanship with colleagues and the team.
15. Model the highest level of integrity and ethical behavior.
16. Know the rules of your sport.
17. Attending clinics and reading literature to stay abreast of changes in activity.
18. Supply the Activities Director with the forms, team information, summary, statistics, and school records in order for them to run the department effectively and efficiently.
19. Communicate with the administration, faculty, Activities Director., parents, students, and staff members in an effort to have an effective and efficient Activities Department.
20. Work hard. Be positive. Be on time.
The Marion Independent School District is an EEO/AA employer.
Inquiries by employees or applicants for employment regarding compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws and policies, including but not limited to complaints of discrimination, will be directed to the Affirmative Action Coordinator by writing to the Affirmative Action Coordinator (Superintendent), Marion Independent School District, Marion , Iowa 52302; or by telephoning 319-377-4691.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Inquiries by employees or applicants for employment regarding compliance with equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws and policies, including but not limited to complaints of discrimination, may also be directed in writing to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commissions, Milwaukee Area Office, Reuss Federal Plaza, 310 West Wisconsin Ave., Suite 800, Milwaukee, WI., 53203-2292, (800) 669-4000 or TTY (800) 669-6820. http://www.eeoc.gov/field/milwaukee/index.cfm or the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, 400 E. 14th Street, Des Moines, Iowa, 50319-1004, (515) 281-4121 or 1-800-457-4416, http://www.iowa.gov/government/crc/. This inquiry or complaint to the federal office may be done instead of, or in addition to, an inquiry or complaint at the local level.
Further information and copies of the procedures for filing a complaint are available in the school district's central administrative office and the administrative office in each attendance center.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts the Board’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time unless restricted by law or a negotiated contract.