Title 1 Tutor
TITLE I TUTOR, PARPROFFESIONAL, TEACHER AIDE
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent and Associate degree or 60 college credit hours from a
regionally accredited institution of higher education or pass the ETS (Educational Testing
Service) ParaPRO Assessment test
Experience and training to work effectively with students in an educational setting
Evidence of emotional stability and maturity
REPORTS TO: CLASSROOM TEACHER, TITLE I COORDINATOR AND BUILDING ADMINISTRATOR
- Responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning classroom environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
- Provide assistance under supervision of Highly Qualified Teacher to at-risk students so that every student meets or exceeds the English/Language Arts Standards.
- Works with individual students or small groups to promote skill development;
- Assists with achievement and diagnostic testing as assigned by the reading teacher;
- Serves as a resource person to the classroom teacher, substitute teacher, and school administrator;
- Guides students in independent study, enrichment work and remedial work assigned by the teacher;
- Alerts the teacher of any special information or concerns about individual students;
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information;
- Establishes a positive relationship with the students, staff and parents in accordance with school policy;
- Participates in in-service training programs as assigned;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.