Special Education Teacher High Incidence
The job of Teacher is done for the purposes of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students’ parents or guardians regarding instruction program and student progress.
This job reports to the principal.
- Assesses student progress towards targets and standards for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration throughout the learning process.
- Communicates clearly and accurately with all students for the purpose of providing feedback.
- Communicates and collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, and/or achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Delivers instruction to engage all students and adjusts lessons as indicated by student progress for the purpose of improving their success in academic and interpersonal skills.
- Designs classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans that align with State and District standards.
- Designs and administers assessments aligned with instructional goals; uses the data for the purpose of evaluating student competency, developing individual learning plans, and/or planning for instructional groups.
- Directs and supports student teachers, instructional assistants, and/or volunteers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Maintains accurate and timely records for the purpose of monitoring student progress.
- Manages student behavior, classroom procedures, and physical space for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment in which students are respected and valued.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Reflects on practice regarding strategies, behaviors and lesson effectiveness for the purpose of enhancing student achievement.
- Responds to emergency situations and reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment, and adhering to Education code and school policies.
The classroom teacher must have a valid Illinois teaching license endorsed in learning behavior specialist.