Chester Community Charter School is seeking Instructional Coaches for their 2020-2021 School Year!
Position Title: Instructional Coach – Middle School
Terms of Employment: 10 Months
Reports To: Director of Teaching and Learning
The Instructional Coach assists classroom teachers and other instructional staff in the development of engaging and research-based strategies and resources to effectively educate to all students. Key coaching practices include co-planning, modeling, and observing instruction and providing feedback to teachers. The Coach adopts a collaborative, not evaluative, approach, develops trusting relationships, maintains confidentiality, and helps teachers adapt school curriculum to best meet student learning needs. The Coach maintains active lines of communication with school leaders and contributes to the shared professional development of fellow instructional coaches.
- Uses classroom observations and student performance data to develop goals for teacher development
- Develops trusting relationships with classroom teachers and maintains teacher-coach confidentiality
- Supports instructional planning
- Observes classroom instruction and provides timely, constructive feedback to classroom teachers
- Models high-quality instructional practices
- Uses student achievement data to support improved student learning outcomes
- Develops schedules for collaboration with focus teachers
- Collaborates with administrators and school leaders to promote high expectations, to support curriculum reform initiatives, and to strengthen instruction
- Provides feedback to school leaders regarding the focus of instructional coaching for each teacher and the trajectory of each teacher’s development
- Maintains a regular line of communication with school leaders to support instructional coaching
- Documents coaching practices to contribute to collective learning about coaching