KITCHEN AIDE - SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM
Under direct supervision, assist kitchen manager in preparing and serving nutritious, wellbalanced meals for students and staff and in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen and dishwashing area.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Helps to prepare and serve all school meals as directed; assists in preparation of food as menu indicates, including washing, chopping and peeling.
- Performs routine duties, to include but not be limited to, inventories, daily checking of foodservice items for day’s use, dish washing and kitchen clean-up.
- Assists in the preparation and packaging of food for use outside of the cafeteria, including reviewing pack out requests for accurate amounts and prepping and storing food.
- Assists in routine sanitation of the kitchen and related equipment, including washing all dishes and cleaning and maintaining food preparation and storage areas.
- Ensures awareness, and sensitivity and diligence of students’ food allergies or special diets.
- Maintains clear and positive written and verbal communication with all students, staff and parents.
- Adheres to all District policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety precautions and complies with all District health and safety rules and procedures.
- May fill in for manager when they are absent.
- Attends staff and in-service training during the summer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of principles, tools and techniques of food service supervision.
- Knowledge of general principles of modification of recipes, preparation of foods.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures, storing of food items and supplies.
- Knowledge of the practices, methods and procedures of volume food preparations; characteristics and nutrition; food handling, sanitation and safety precautions.
- Ability to lift/unload food and supplies up to 30 pounds
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment safely
- Good communications skills and the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and good hygiene
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to possess a Qualified Food Operator Certificate
- Ability to take direction and communicate effectively
- Ability to interact with all age levels
- Must have working knowledge of basic math applications and computation skills
RATE OF PAY:
$18.69 - 3.5 hours per day
Monday - Friday; 10:00am-1:30pm