Lunch/Recess Assistant - 2 positions,
- Pinecrest Elementary
- McAuliffe Elementary Hours: 10:30-1:00 (2.5 hours per day)
Hours: 10:30 - 1:00 PM (2.5 hours per day)
Start Date: 8/31/2020
Starting Pay - Per the terms of the Paraprofessional Contract - Grade 4, Step 1 - $13.68 per hour
The sites will consider job sharing arrangements if this is an option an applicant(s) would like to consider.
- Responsible for large group student supervision during the lunch and recess period.
- Implement positive and consistent expectations; provide emotional and physical safety for each student.
- Familiarize students with and enforce appropriate behavioral guidelines and consequences for lunchroom and recess periods.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students and co-workers.
- Escort students to lunchroom, restrooms, lockers and nurse's office as necessary.
- Provide on-site conflict resolution, referring incidents to building principal for attention as appropriate.
- Be prepared to supervise outside recess activities.
- Direct safe movement of groups of students to and from recess area.
- Ensure play equipment is used safely and notify lead custodian of any equipment in need of repair.
- Perform other cafeteria duties as directed by building principal.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Understand and maintain boundaries with students, families, and staff.
- Treat others with fairness and equity.