Crestwood - Office Manager
OLDHAM COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION - 1102-AR
JOB DESCRIPTION: OFFICE MANAGER
1. High school graduate, with some college or business college background.
2. Previous secretarial or administrative assistant experience.
3. Word processing and computer skills experience are necessary.
4. Understanding of the responsibilities assigned to all school staff.
5. Public relations skills.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SUPERVISES: Receptionist/Secretary, Bookkeeper, Guidance Secretary and Attendance Clerk
JOB GOAL: To manager the school office on a day-to-day basis; establish and maintain a friendly, business-like atmosphere; coordinate all school activities involving staff, parents, students, visitors; and carry out special assignments as designated by the Principal, Associate Principal and Assistant Principals. Supervises office clerical staff.
- Assures the efficient running of the office through:
- greeting visitors courteously by determining their needs and direct or escort to the proper person
- respond to routine telephone inquiries and request for information and call are routed to appropriate staff
- assures the general office and reception area are maintained in an attractive manner
- Provides administrative assistant services and maintains files for the Principal, Assistant Principal and Athletic Director as needed
- Gather and distribute information/data to and from Central Office personnel, school administrators, faculty and staff, parents and students including but not limited to:
- Transportation forms/field trips, athletic events/updated student information
- Sick cards/non-sick leave forms
- First report of injury
- Substitute teacher reports
- Background checks for volunteers
- Time clock
- Coordinate orientation/registration of new students and parents
- Coordinate new student/parent orientation and registration/changes to Infinite Campus/enrollment cards
- Master activity schedule
- Coordinate building use for PTA groups, rental groups, scouts, staff and communicate that information to Plant Operator
- Attendance-work with Director of Pupil Personnel, administrative staff, and teacher to see that attendance records are complete and accurate, census is current and parent contact is made when students are absent.
- Coordinate preparation of Parent/Student Handbook and Teacher Handbook
- Maintain school calendar of events
- Perform necessary medical-related services for students who have been determined by their physician to need such services, upon written delegation of the responsibilities and proper training by the District Nurse.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Compensation will be determined by the Superintendent based on the number of contract days and appropriate board-approved salary schedule.
Adopted: August 1, 1984 Revised: August 17, 1998
Revised: July 9, 2003 Revised: December 10, 2013
Revised: October 30, 2014 Revised: June 3, 2016