K-8 Elementary Band Teacher (2)
The is seeking an individual to fill a full-time Elementary School Band teaching position
The teacher reports to the Building Principal and is responsible for planning instructional lessons that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students; creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and employing effective instructional techniques.
Teaches knowledge and skills in the field of music, which may include general, instrumental or choral music. Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt curriculum to the needs of the students with varying intellectual abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
Provides instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about music.
• Recruits students to receive instruction in playing standard band and orchestra instruments.
• Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and working time.
• Instructs students in proper care and use of instruments and equipment and organizes storage areas and controls use of materials and instruments to prevent loss or abuse.
• Evaluates each student's performance and growth in knowledge and understanding.
• Communicates with parents on student progress.
The work year for this position is 180 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule. The District offers excellent fringe benefits, including life, health and dental insurance.
Applicants should apply online at www.sd1525.org, upload a letter of application, resume and three (3) letters of reference. Questions to may be submitted to HR@sd1525.org.
Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.