Health Screening Monitor
Job | Posted 3 months ago
JOB TITLE: Health Screening Monitor
REPORTS TO: School Nurse and/or Security Director
- This is a part time position at the hourly wage of $ 13.00/hour.
- This position will be ONLY in the morning beginning at 7:00 am and ending, depending on need, around 9:30am.
- We also have several Lunch Monitor positions open and encourage applicants to apply for both positions (Heath Screening Monitors & Lunch Monitor). The Lunch Monitor will be a part time position during the lunch hours.
This position provides assistance in collecting Wellness Screening forms during the drop off time at the beginning of the school day.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Knowledge and Abilities
- Collection and review of the Wellness Screening forms received from the vehicles of families dropping off their students at the beginning of the school day.
- Responsible for following procedures regarding the collection of the Wellness Screening forms and possible health screening of students before they exit their vehicles to enter the buildings.
- Responsible for the distribution of appropriate bracelets to students.
- Responsible for communicating to parents appropriate protocols depending on a set of different scenario directives.
- Ability to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet where appropriate.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, parents and members of the community.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) preferred
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
- Criminal background check required for hire
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
The physical demands & working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically able to work outside throughout the school year
- Regularly required to speak and hear
- Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch
- Occasionally climb stairs and use a broom or shovel to remove snow
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision
- The Health Screening Monitors will be exposed to weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, snow and other outdoor weather conditions.
- Will be required to us PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) i.e. Mask and gloves.
- Appropriate shoes are needed for the outdoor environment examples: closed toe, tennis shoes or boots.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, but occasionally high depending upon student population and activities.