English Language Learners Paraprofessional
Will work with assigned students that English is not their native or first language. Knowledge of a foreign language is not required as we are teaching them to read and speak English.
Qualifications: 1. 48 college credit hours or successful completion of the WonderLic Test
2. Good command of the English language
3. Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public
4. Working knowledge and competency in reading, math, English, and related academic subjects
5. Computer experience
Reports To: Supervising teacher and building principal
Job Goal: To assist the teaching staff in supporting the learning programs for students in their designated educational environment.
- Reinforce educational concepts to individual students or groups of students using instructional objectives and lessons developed by the teacher.
- Assists with record keeping, grading, filing, and copying materials as needed.
- Assists in obtaining, organizing and using supplies, books, materials and equipment as assigned.
- Implement various levels of discipline in accordance with school district and building policies.
- Utilizes computers, copiers, and other equipment in performance of duties.
- Attends training, in-service, and meeting as deemed appropriate.
- Recognize and follow accepted confidentiality of information regarding students and staff.
- Performs such other reasonable duties assigned by the supervisor.
Terms of Employment: Designated by Contract and Salary Schedule
Evaluation: The Principal or designee shall evaluate this position.