Digital Learning Coach
Days per Year: 197
JOB TITLE: Digital Learning Coach
REPORTING TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
The Digital Learning Coach, under the supervision of the campus principal and support from Workforce Development, is responsible for coaching and mentoring teachers in the Empowered Learning Model. The Digital Learning Coach assists teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students. Digital Learning Coaches conduct needs assessments, develop technology-related professional learning programs, and evaluate the impact on instructional practice and student learning in an effort to increase student performance and college and career readiness.
All employees of Spring ISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
- Significant instructional experience
- 5 years’ job-related experience in PK-12
- Acceptable performance appraisal
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned.
- Master’s degree from accredited college/university
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- In-depth knowledge of state curricular standards as written, taught and assessed
- Ability to train core content teachers with zero years of experience in the critical attributes of instruction and student engagement with diverse populations
- Excellent data analysis skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coaching, Planning and Coordination
- Coach and mentor teachers using the eGrowe coaching model.
- Collaborate and coordinate with administrative team members to support all activities related to virtual summer school.
- Foster digital citizenship
- Actively participate in collaborative planning.
- Promote the 5 C’s of Digital Learning Essentials (creativity, critical thinking, communication, citizenship, & collaboration) within the curriculum.
- Serve as contact resource person for questions regarding the Empowered Learning Model.
- Support teachers through professional learning communities, one on one meetings and modeling instructional practices.
- Ensure all students and teachers have access on online/blended materials.
- Review attendance, engagement and academic data to guide work.
- Maintain courses in Schoology and update/revise as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with administrators and grade level teachers.
- Monitor the processes for staff and student attendance during remote and blended learning.
- Create and model videos for implementation of pieces in schoology, instructional strategies and instructional learning.
- Support communication between administrators and teachers, and teachers and families.
- Support teachers and students in virtual learning with use of various software programs and digital resources.
- Organize/conduct digital learning resources and professional development.
- Ensure that progress reports are completed
- Provide leadership for the maintenance, assessment and improvement of virtual instruction and activities.
- Provide support to students and teachers in the use of various software programs and digital resources including Schoology, digital textbooks, and Google Hangout.
- Coordinate teachers access to online instructional resources.
- Provide resources to assist with student engagement in a virtual/blended learning environment.
- Connect with identified students and families who are not engaged or noticeable decline in engagement has occurred.
- Provide resources to assist with student engagement in a digital learning environment.
- Monitor teacher’s schedule
- Share student learning examples from project-based learning plans.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination or nonrenewal, or reassignment as applicable.