After-School Program Instructors
PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT:
The 21st Century Before and After School Program strives to provide a safe, healthy, worry-free environment for the child who cannot be home with a parent. Our focus is to meet the developmental needs of each individual child through successful, enriching, and quality experiences that enhance self-esteem.
The 21st Century is seeking a dynamic instructor who will provide an enriching program for children enrolled in the Orange Elementary School System. The position requires collaboration with the school district, Site Manager, parents, and students. A love of children and the ability to address the needs of all students in a fun, learning environment is essential.
QUALIFICATIONS: The following qualifications are preferred:
- Child Care Program Experience and/or experience in working with youth
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Experience and/or certification in STEAM instruction
- Knowledge of various educational uses for Chromebooks, ipads, SmartBoards
- Knowledge of EV3 robot instruction/missions
- Highly motivated, flexible, punctual, and willing to learn new strategies and programs
- To assist the Site Manager in implementing and supervising a program of basic child care services.
- To assist the Site Manager in supplementing these basic child care services by including educational, cultural, recreational, and enriching components daily.
- To implement site program schedule of activities to engage children.
- To be available to work full time hours and stay during inclement weather
- To perform special assignments, studies, and routine administrative functions as directed by the Site Manager or other program administration.
- Must complete ongoing staff development programs
- Learn Site Manager’s role and be able to properly execute lesson plans in Site Manager’s absence.
- Position runs for the entire school year. (August - June). Hours may be 7:00-8:00 AM and/or 2:45-6:00 PM.
- Starting at $15.07/hour
It is the Board of Education’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and that qualified applicants for employment will be recruited, hired, and assigned on the basis of merit, without regard to race, creed, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The employment policies and practices of the Board are to ensure that all qualified employees are treated equally with no discrimination in employment, compensation, opportunities for advancement (including promotions and transfers), training, and discipline based on race, creed, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability or veteran status or any other protected basis.