Summary: Under the general supervision of the School Principal, follow lesson plans of the absent teacher; instruct students in a learning environment; facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; and maintain a safe and optimal learning environment.
Qualifications / Experience
- Current ISBE Substitute Teaching endorsement or PEL with endorsement(s), required.
- One of the above endorsements may be subsituted for a Valid Educator License with Stipulations if the license required a bachelor’s degree for issuance.
- Previous experience working with children in an educational setting, preferred.
- Knowledge/experience supporting content and skills relevant to the teacher's professional responsibilities.
- Valid substitute packet issued from South Cook Intermediate Service Center, preferred or Valid background and fitness for duty for Orland 135, required.
- Must be willing to work 3-5 days a week and be available from 7:30 am until 3:30 pm. ( 7 hour work day) during the school year.
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of district approved curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects; to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Provide structures that encourage effective self-disciplined students in all learning situations Incorporate a child's learning style, interest and motivational factors in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Ensure that all students have opportunities to ask questions, contribute, and otherwise participate in class activities.
- Collaborate with appropriate resources personnel including co-teacher, office staff, and building administration.
- Leave feedback for teacher on student progress both academically and behaviorally.
- Follow teacher's lesson plans; seek assistance when needed.
Apply: Applicants should complete the online application and upload all supplementary materials electronically. Hard-copy materials are not accepted. The online application may be accessed by visiting our website: https://www.applitrack.com/orland135/onlineapp/default.aspx
We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.