Job | Posted 3 months ago
Summary: Under the general supervision of a classroom teacher, provide extra support to students with special needs, promoting maximum academic and personal growth.
Qualifications / Experience
- Current ISBE Paraprofessional, Substitute Teaching license, or PEL with endorsement(s), required.
- Previous experience working with children in an educational setting, preferred.
- Knowledge/experience supporting content and skills relevant to a paraprofessionals’ responsibilities.
- Valid substitute packet issued from South Cook Intermediate Service Center, preferred or Valid background and fitness for duty for Orland 135, required.
- Must be willing to work 3-5 days a week and be available from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. during the school year.
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Assist teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class
- Assist with setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Supervise students outside of the classroom, as needed.
- Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs.
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Perform other duties as directed by the classroom teacher and school administration
Responsibilities - Self-Contained assignment
- Work with individuals and small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher.
- Accompany student(s) between classes and when trips to the office or the school nurse are necessary.
- Assist student(s) in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off of outerwear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory, diapering (which may require lifting), as needed.
- With supervision, assist team with modifying and adapting instructional materials, programming augmentative communication devices, entering data into computer, and recording reading materials onto tape.
- Maintain (at all times) confidential nature of placement data, psychological reports, and, any and all information regarding testing, placement and status of students.
Apply: Applicants should complete the online application and upload all supplementary materials electronically. Hard-copy materials are not accepted. The online application may be accessed by visiting our website: https://www.applitrack.com/orland135/onlineapp/default.aspx
We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
Orland School District 135
15100 South 94th Avenue, Orland Park, IL 60462
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246