Sub Bus Driver Minibus
Sub Bus Driver Minibus
Special Education Transportation Coordinator
Receives guidance from:
Director and/or Assistant Director of Transportation, Director of Career and Technical Education, Principal, or Assistant Principal
Compliant with position, salary and FLSA regulations
- In keeping a tradition of excellence, the purpose of the Sub Bus Driver Minibus is to provide safe, courteous, and comfortable transportation for students on daily bus route; along with assisting children with boarding, exiting the bus, loading/unloading, and practice and/or implement safety plan measures in a crisis drill or actual emergency situation. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Obey all traffic laws
Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses
Maintain student discipline on bus
Report disciplinary problems with students to the proper authority
Keep assigned bus clean
Keep assigned schedule
Check bus before each operation for mechanical defects
Notify the proper authority of mechanical failure or running late
Discharge students only at authorized stops
Exercise responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips
Transport only authorized students
Report all accidents and complete required reports
Enforce regulations against smoking and eating on the bus
Lead and attend staff meetings/trainings as applicable; serve on staff committees
Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development, for keeping current with literature, new research findings, for attending appropriate professional meetings and conferences, and to maintain any credits and/or continued education for maintenance of licensure/qualifications required for the position
Maintain and accept responsibility for any district owned fixed asset item assigned to employee and ensure appropriate use by following district policies for acceptable use
Undergo periodic evaluations according to state and board policy procedures
Regular, dependable, punctual, in person attendance is an essential function of this position
Perform such other and not specifically enumerated duties as may be requested by the Board of Education, superintendent, administrator, director or established by district policy
Read, understand, and abide by Employee Conduct Policy, GAB, all other district, state and federal policies, and procedures and protocols as established by RCSD and the Mississippi Educator Code of Conduct
Certification: CDL License required
Other Requirements: Pass a background check, Pass a drug/alcohol test, agility test, and possess a valid CDL driver’s license
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The requirements include abiding by all health requirements set forth for school bus drivers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using equipment such as a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, reach, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is not a standard office setting; but rather encompasses the entire active school campus both inside and outside the facilities. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate and occasionally high.
Note: This is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Terms of Employment:
- Salary, days and work year as established by the Rankin County Board of Education
- Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Rankin County School Board policy on Evaluation of Employees.