TITLE: Instructional Paraprofessional
REPORTS TO: Educator
QUALIFICATIONS: ISBE Educator License with Stipulation
Physical ability to participate in lifting of students
Physical ability to participate in physical restraint of students
PREFERRED: Experience working with students with special needs
I. Instructional Support and Organization
1. Reinforces educator’s planned instruction.
2. Assists in implementation of student instructional and behavioral goals
and objectives throughout the daily program.
3. Monitors student performance.
4. Effectively works with groups.
5. Participates in lifting and positioning of students.
6. Catheterizes, toilets and feeds students as required in accordance with
7. Actively participates in classroom activities.
8. Organizes equipment and materials as directed by the educator.
9. Assumes responsibility for classroom/program cleanliness.
10. Follows educator directions in creating bulletin boards, student
11. Promotes student independence.
1. Exhibits effective communication skills.
2. Is systematic in record keeping as assigned by the educator.
3. Maintains an open rapport with students.
4. Maintains confidentiality.
III. Management of Student Conduct
1. Adequately assists educator in supervision and student safety.
2. Exhibits respect and concern for students responding to their needs in a
firm, friendly, fair, sensitive and consistent manner.
3. Accepts and effectively works with each student in accordance with
his/her personal needs.
4. Follows behavior management programs including use of positive
5. Participates in physical restraint of students as required in accordance
with training procedures
IV. Professional Responsibilities
1. Makes efficient use of time.
2. Takes appropriate initiative.
3. Completes tasks on time.
4. Demonstrates flexibility.
5. Accepts criticism and suggestions.
6. Exhibits willingness to cooperate.
7. Has good attendance and is punctual.
8. Has physical vitality and desirable health habits.
9. Maintains an appropriate appearance.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.