Please download the attached document for a full Job Description.
Primary Function (Job Goal)
Deliver instruction during the regular teacher’s absence
Reports To (accountability)
Appropriate Illinois Professional Educator License (preferred) or Illinois Substitute License from ROE
Pre-employment medical examination, including tuberculosis clearance
Pass a Regional Office of Education Fingerprint/Background Clearance including Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Endurance within a classroom setting; teaching students while standing, sitting, or walking throughout the classroom, building or outside activities with the ability to maneuver in tight spaces between desks, etc.
- Working with the students in an instructional setting may entail kneeling or squatting, stooping, and bending from the waist on an occasional to frequent basis on a given day.
- Use of aids such as whiteboards, posters, bulletin boards, overhead projector, television, VCR/DVD, computer, and technological equipment.
- Retrieval, use, lifting and storage of teaching material, including books, equipment, assignments, etc.
Essential Duties and Performance Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assume the responsibilities for instructing classes when a teacher is absent.
- Assume all other responsibilities for that teacher during the time the teacher is absent.
- Prepare lesson plans with assistance, as directed by an administrator, when lesson plans are not available in the classroom.
- Maintain appropriate records including checking test papers, recording grades, student assignments for homework, projects and the necessary clerical work required to maintain student records for a teacher who is absent.
- Provide for individualized and small group assistance for students as indicated by lesson plans.
- Complete all required “paperwork” necessary for a smooth transition.
- Pre-employment medical examination, including tuberculosis clearance
- Pass a Regional Office of Education Fingerprint/Background Clearance including Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Performs other functions as assigned and requested.
Term of Employment
Completion of mandated training through Global Compliance Network
$115.00 per day