School Social Worker - 1.0 FTE
Township High School District 214 seeks individuals with a strong academic background and the desire to help all students maximize learning and promote personal development in a cooperative, supportive, and respectful environment. Applicants with Dual Endorsements are encouraged to apply.
School Social Worker – 1.0 FTE
- State of Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with an endorsement in school social work.
- Spanish/Polish speaker preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Act as Local Education Agency (LEA) Representative for Annual Review, Eligibility Determination, and Domain meetings.
- Facilitates in the development of necessary forms and legal documentation for special education meetings and paperwork.
- Case Manage and facilitate 504 accommodation plans for assigned students.
- Provide individual and group counseling support across a diverse student population.
- Be willing to work with outside agencies to present pro-active programming for student needs.
- Function as a member of an Early Intervention Team with counselors and case managers.
- Actively participate in the Related Services Professional Learning Team and the District Related Services Leadership Team.
- Actively seek out articulation opportunities with sender school staff.
- Facilitate home/hospital placements and 504 plans for students within assigned alignment.
- Act as a member of the PBIS team.
- Serve as Homeless Liaison.
- Participate in parent support programs.
- Complete social histories as part of the case study evaluation process.
- Complete adaptive behavior scales.
- Complete simple and complex behavior plans.
- Work with teachers in classrooms to assist students.
- Network with outside agencies and work with students and families to access these services.
- Supervise a social work intern (optional).
- Follow directives of Assistant Principal of Student Services and Division Head of Special Education.
- COVER LETTER
- CURRENT RESUME
- ATTACH A PDF OF THE IL STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION ELIS CREDENTIALS SCREEN(S)
- THREE (3) CURRENT LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Click the RED "APPLY" button above to begin an online application.
Please be aware that as a requirement of your application you will be invited to complete a digital interview via RIVS (Interviewstream). The invitation will come to your email and the RIVS (Interviewstream) system gives you ten (10) calendar days to complete the interview from the time the invitation is issued.
Keep in mind that the interview must be completed before you can submit your application, even if the interview expiration is beyond the date of the application deadline. Therefore, all your application materials, interview included, must be submitted by the application deadline.
Please email email@example.com to request an extension.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."