Harrison Central High Math Teacher
Job | Posted 3 months ago
- All instructional personnel shall be certified and licensed in accordance with state law and the regulations of the Mississippi Department of Education. Such licensure and transcripts of credits shall be on file in the office of the Superintendent of Education.
- In accordance with Mississippi Code S37-9-17, all personnel employed by the public school system shall be required to pass a criminal background check and a current child abuse registry check.
- A satisfactory employment record.
Building Principal, Assistant Principal, and or Director
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
Such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, including but not limited to:
- To abide by the standards of conduct as defined by the Mississippi Educator Code of Ethics.
- To plan, organize and conduct a program of instruction based on the Mississippi Standards/Frameworks.
- To assume custody of the pupils assigned to their care and to take precautions that will ensure the pupil’s safety and general welfare.
- To participate in all pre-school conferences and in-service training programs, unless assigned school duty conflicts.
- To perform extra-curricular duties assigned by the principal, such as room, hall, field and similar essential duties.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level/department, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- To keep the classes in session each day during school hours and not dismiss them for any time without the prior consent of the principal.
- To be responsible for all school property and equipment entrusted to them.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- To make any and all requests to the School Board through the principal and superintendent.
- To be strictly accountable to the principal and superintendent for the performance of their teaching duties.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences to develop pertinent sequential assignments, challenge students, and best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs.
- In all cases where a teacher terminates employment during the school year, to provide lesson plans for at least two weeks in advance for the replacement teacher.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- To notify the principal or his/her designee directly upon any anticipated absences, obtaining prior approval when required.
- Encourages parental involvement in student’s education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- To abide by all reasonable rules and assignments set down by the principal and other administrative personnel.
- To avoid doctrinal, sectarian, and denominational teaching.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- To strive at all times to maintain cordial relationships with the home and parents, keeping the parents informed of the student’s progress and holding conferences whenever necessary.
- To be thoroughly familiar with and actively support the enforcement of all School Board policies and procedures, rules and regulations of the Superintendent of Education, and rules set forth by the principal and in the school handbook(s).
- Remain alert at all times to hazards including, but not limited to the following: obstructed walkways, unsafe playground equipment, unauthorized personnel on school properties, unsafe floor surfaces, and any other unsafe conditions.
- Any other duties within the scope of this job description as assigned by the Principal, Assistant Principal, and/or Director.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Assistant Principal and/or Directors.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Standard classroom materials and equipment.
Travel to school district buildings, and professional meetings as required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS, WORK HAZARDS
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Checklist of Duties for the Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
187 days annually with salary in accordance with the Administrative Salary Schedule as approved by the Harrison County School District.
Performance of the Teacher will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions in the School Board Policies and Procedures.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
School Board Approval Date:
By signing below the applicant/employee acknowledges reading and understanding the requirements of the Harrison County School District Job Description.
Applicant/Employee Signature: _____________________________________Date: ________________
Supervisor Signature: ____________________________________________Date:__________________
Harrison County School District
15600 School Road, Gulfport, MS 39503
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,093
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.14
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 429