In the absence of classroom teacher, provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences as per teacher’s lesson plan in the assigned subject area. Supervise and instruct students in classroom and on the playground. Perform all duties that teacher performs.
High School Diploma/GED Certificate
Acceptable fingerprint and criminal background check
Two acceptable professional references
A minimum of 48 college credit hours (transcript must be provided)
Knowledge of academic subject assigned.
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Effective planning and organizational skills
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, administrative regulations and classroom teacher.
- Present lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles
- Use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers and teacher aides to ensure all classroom time is productive and students are engaged.
- Use technology per teacher’s lesson plan to strengthen the learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions and safety measures to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintain a professional relationship with staff, students, parents and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
Assigned teacher aides
Personal computer and standard classroom/office equipment
Mental Conditions/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing or walking. Limited exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.