SCHOOL SECRETARY - FULL TIME
SCHOOL SECRETARY (PART-TIME)
JOB GOAL: To provide a positive and welcoming school environment for students, staff, and community members, while facilitating the smooth and efficient operation of the school office
REPORTS TO: Principal/Assistant Principal
1. Creates a friendly atmosphere for students and staff and assists them in the office.
2. Greets visitors courteously, in person or by phone, determines their needs, checks appointments, assists them, directs them to appropriate persons
3. Receives and routes all incoming calls in a courteous manner.
4. Maintains an appropriate level of confidentiality.
5. Uses appropriate systems to respond to the multiple-demands of the position.
6. Administers care and support to students with minor medical needs.
7. Assists/executes the following office tasks:
Makes decisions as delegated to do so.
Prepares correspondence, memos, reports, etc. as needed.
Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
Provides routine care of office equipment.
Processes daily attendance and periodic reports, makes follow-up calls to parents who did not call in.
Maintains bus assignment records.
8. Performs tasks related to student progress reporting, such as:
Maintaining inventory of report cards and other forms;
Preparing awards, certificates, and other materials;
Coordinating parent/teacher conferences
Maintains inventories and makes supplies available to staff.
Organizes and maintains office files.
Registers kindergarten and other new students.
Files new student records.
Handles paperwork related to transition to junior high school.
Transfers records to junior high school.9. Performs summer tasks related to turnover of students, including:
Preparing registration mailing;
Processing received registration materials and fees;
Preparing materials for registration day;
Rolling over computer records, updating.
10. Performs tasks related to the business and maintenance offices, including:
Processing purchase orders and packing slips;
Distributing supplies ordered by school personnel and informing staff of supplies not received by the opening of school;
Processing payroll information
Processing and maintaining records of funds received and disbursed, depositing collected funds;
Processing free and reduced lunch, waiver of fees applications;
Preparing and processing work orders;
Processing building rental contracts
11. Performs tasks related to the personnel office, including:
Processing and tracking staff leave requests;
Greeting substitutes, processing paperwork, directing to assigned classroom.
Collecting surveys, feedback forms, and other documents to send to the personnel office
12. Perform tasks related to special education, including:
Coordinating paperwork for case study evaluations;
Preparing correspondence related to case studies and special education classes;
Preparing paperwork for staffings;
Organizing, maintaining, and transferring temporary files;
Distributing standardized test materials;
Processing bookstore orders;
Distributing bookstore materials;
Distributing science kits
15. Assists teachers in preparing instructional materials as needed.
16. Works collaboratively with other office personnel.
17. Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the building administrator(s).Qualifications:
High school graduate or equivalent.
Proficiency in technology skills; knowledge of office procedures and the operation of office equipmentWorking Conditions: