Lincoln County School District is accepting on-line applications for a combined position for an Instructional Assistant at Toledo Elementary School.
The primary purpose of the Instructional Assistant is to perform instructional tasks and record keeping in a school setting to assist teaching staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are examples of duties. However, any one position may not cover all duties listed; examples may not cover all duties an employee is expected to perform; and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Present subject matter to students, using a variety of methods and techniques such as lecture, discussion, and one-on-one reading as directed by the teacher.
- Confer with teaching staff on progress of student(s).
- Assess student’s ability and progress as directed by teacher.
- Assist staff with record keeping, copying, filing and grading papers.
- Monitor and assist students as needed.
- Monitor and assist students in lunch room.
- Assist with loading and unloading children from buses.
- Work with teachers to develop educational material.
- Assist teacher, when directed, in communicating with parents regarding student’s progress in general.
Qualified applicants will be asked for an interview and must provide a resume and at least 2 letters of recommendation. Upon selection, employees will be required to pay for the following: $12.50 fingerprinting fee and $59 ODE processing fee.
This is a 3.75 hour per school day position.
Starting Salary: $12.93-$14.99 per hour
Must meet NCLB requirement at time of hire.
Closing Date: All classified positions are posted for 5 business days, but may be extended if not filled within the 5 day period.