Substitute Teacher - Julie Billiart School
Job Title: Substitute Teacher
Classification: Exempt, Part-time
Reports to: Principal – Lyndhurst Campus
Julie Billiart Schools is a network of schools serving children grades K-8 with special learning challenges. Currently we have campuses in Lyndhurst and Akron that offer unique learning environments for students with autism, ADD/ADHD, dyslexia and social learning challenges. We are Catholic, non-public schools, that respect diverse faith traditions.
The substitute teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual and psychological growth. This person is responsible for implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Julie Billiart School and the Diocese of Cleveland policies. The substitute teacher is expected to work cooperatively in a co-teach model, which consists of two intervention specialists as lead teachers of the classroom.
• Deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences, using a variety of learning materials and
• Implement schemes of work and lesson plans generated by the classroom teacher
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Prepare classroom for class activities.
• Identify and select different instructional resources and methods, including the use of relevant technology, to
meet students’ varying needs and to support instruction.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
• Assign and provide appropriate feedback on students submitted assignments.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
• Other duties as needed.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, or related field?• Professional certification or license preferred
• Skilled in differentiating education
• Excellent skills in both verbal and written communication
• Ability to work both independently or within a team
• Proficient at communicating with parents and colleagues
• Flexible thinker able to make adjustments in the moment
• Enthusiastic, driven, and independent
Julie Billiart School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Julie Billiart School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.