Youth Fitness Instructor
Classification: Part Time
Program: Campus Clubs
Department: General Recreation
Direct Supervisor: TBD
Hours: M-F 3:30PM-6:00PM (Flexible)
The Youth Fitness instructor will be responsible for implementing a curriculum to lead groups into various levels of fitness practices classes that are based on the needs of the groups. The Youth Fitness Instructor will also be responsible for creating a safe and nurturing space from students to participate in fitness classes on a weekly basis.
- Supervises and ensures the safety of all participants at all times.
- Organize comprehensive fitness classes dependent on the needs of the group.
- Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up needed equipment for daily curriculum.
- Introduce healthy exercise habits.
- Ability to demonstrate various fitness poses and stretches.
- Act as a key motivator amongst participants.
- Provides guidance to staff while onsite in adhering to program quality standards.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all employees, participants, parents, vendors, and volunteers
- Keeping assigned areas clean, sanitized and sanitizing as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least a senior in high school.
- Must have experience with yoga, or exercise classes
- Previous experience in a childcare or education setting supporting high-quality programs preferred.
- Must be able to supervise participants and have safety awareness.
Pay is dependent upon experience & qualifications.