Grounds Position for Weld RE-4 Maintenance Department starting November 16, 2020. 8.0 hours per day, 260 days per year (prorated for start date) ~ full benefits. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and pass pre-employment testing.
Salary range 7: $14.99 - $18.28 per hour based on work experience. If already employed for the district and are transferred maximum salary placement will be 9 years.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certification of good health
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Valid Colorado Driver's License
Ability to operate district equipment
General mechanical aptitude
Maintenance, grounds, or custodial experience
REPORTS TO: Director of Maintenance, Operations and Grounds
Assist Head Groundsman in care and maintenance of district grounds. Follow directions of Head Groundsman or Director and complete tasks as assigned. Assist in the operation and maintenance of irrigation wells and irrigation systems. Assist in inspections and maintenance of playground equipment. Assist in snow removal as may be required. Assist in delivery of goods to various buildings.
• Perform tasks as assigned by Director of Maintenance, Operations and Grounds.
• Assist in the installation, adjustment, maintenance, operation, and repair of grounds equipment.
• Assist in the installation, adjustment, maintenance, operation, and repair of district irrigation systems and wells.
• Assist in inspections, repair, and maintenance of playground equipment.
• Lie out, stripe, and set up athletic fields for practice and play as may be required.
• Provide direction to temporary workers in the performance of their duties.
• Recognize and mitigate safety concerns related to the grounds and equipment of the district.
• Apply chemicals used on grounds under supervision of Head Groundsman or Director.
• Remove snow from sidewalks, parking areas and other grounds as needed or assigned.
• Apply sand and salt as may be required to insure safety in all required areas.
• Assist district maintenance personnel as may be assigned by the Director.
• Substitute for day and night custodians as may be assigned.
• Respond to after hours emergencies as may be assigned.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year, salary and benefits to be established by policy of the Board of Education. Vacation time established by Board policy.
Performance evaluated annually in accordance with Board of Education policies.