Instructional Assistant - Hiring at All Campuses
Employment Type: Nonexempt
Pay grade: Clerical/Paraprofessional 1
Days: Assignment will end December 18, 2020
Min: $12.38 Mid: $15.00 Max: $17.63
Provide instructional assistance to students under the direct supervision of a certified teacher. Assist in preparing, conducting, and managing of classroom activities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Highly Qualified under “ESSA”
- 48 college hours or
- Pass local assessment exam
- Valid Texas educational aide certificate
- Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Some experience working with children
General Employee Requirements:
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Support and align work with the mission, vision, and beliefs of the district.
- Follow and support board policies in areas of related responsibility.
- Ensure district resources are managed effectively to maximize resources for student learning.
- Share in the development and implementation of district success plans
- Actively participate in ongoing development to improve work quality and district contribution.
- Model integrity, work ethic, and professionalism as a suitable example for BISD students.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide instruction to students under the direction of teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Make teacher aware of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meeting and special events as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
- Posture: Moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping
- Motion: Moderate walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
- Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise
- Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress