Job | Posted 3 months ago
|Job Description:||Teacher||FLSA Status:||Exempt|
|Department:||Curriculum and Instruction||Code:|
|Location:||Oxford School District||Reports to:||Principal|
|Position Type:||Part-time & Long Term||Version:|
|Description of Position: The substitute teacher is a person assigned to work in the absence of a regular teacher to aid students in understanding a subject matter, as well as to provide skills required for programmed lessons and purposeful training for the classroom he/she is assigned. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal.|
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Instruction and Assessment: The teacher will deliver the instructional programs in an organized and effective manner by:
· At the commencement of the school day, report to the school administrative office and collect the appropriate materials and schedule of classes.
· Writing, speaking and presenting information.
· Knowing how to teach the subject(s) to students.
· Give instructions and organize the classroom environment so as to enhance student learning during the period of absence of the regular classroom teacher.
· Must work out teacher lesson plans, give out class work and assignments and ensure effective discipline and class control.
· Conclude evaluations and daily reports to give account of any information pertaining to the events of the day.
· Performs a program of study recommended in the lesson plans handed over by the regular teacher.
· Ensures a favorable learning environment that is suitable to the welfare and development of students.
· Recognizing and responding appropriately to individual differences in students.
· Differentiating instruction for a variety of developmental stages and ability levels.
· Planning lessons in a logical sequence.
· Collaborating with other educators to create the most complete educational environment possible for students.
· Administering group standardized tests as required.
· Using a variety of assessment techniques and/or models to evaluate student performance.
· Participating in the referral process for students being referred for Child Study.
· Utilizing technology and the devices as a tool in the teaching and learning process.
· Providing an environment that is safe, orderly, hazard-free, and conducive to learning.
· Consistently implementing approved disciplinary actions to allow for effective instruction and classroom management.
· Relating to parents and other community members in a positive and helpful manner.
· Attending staff meetings as required.
· Enforcing rules and regulations as stated in the teacher and student handbook.
· Adhering to policies and procedures established by district, state, and federal guidelines.
· Maintaining accurate and complete records.
· At the end of the school day, he/she is required to return the materials to the school office and check out with an administrator or the office manager.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Deals with conflict effectively.
· Engages and motivates students to do their best.
· Possesses adequate knowledge of their content area(s).
· Has the basic understanding of technology.
· Communicates with staff, students, parents and community effectively.
· Takes the initiative to be a continuous learner.
· Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
|Reviewed By:||Candy Mize||Date:||4-24-16|
|Last Updated By:||Candy Mize||Date/Time:||4-24-16|
- I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all the essential functions
Oxford School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age disability or veteran status in its programs and activities.
Oxford School District
224 Bramlett Boulevard 224 Bramlett Boulevard, 224, Oxford, MS 38655
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,093
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.14
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 429