Custodian - 2nd Shift
HOURS: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM (M-F)
$12.91 per hour*
*Please note that the hourly rate of pay is inclusive of the mandatory 4.5% retirement contribution to the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to communicate effective verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform assigned duties in a thoughtful, courteous, confidential, and considerate manner.
The Custodian is responsible for providing students with safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient places in which to learn, plan, and develop.
- Keeps assigned building(s) neat and clean at all times as defined in the Custodial Procedures Manual.
- Reports repairs/supplies needed and any damage to school property to the Building Engineer, or Operations/Building Administrators.
- Maintains communication with the Custodial Supervisor and Operations Leadership regarding schedules.
- Remains on the school premises, wears district uniform, and displays district I.D. card at all times during school hours (excepting lunch-break) and during non-school hours for rentals or special events.
- Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the assigned building(s) each school day, and for detemrining, before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
- Moves furniture or equipment within building(s) as required for various activities and as directed by the Principal or Building Engineer.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
- Assists in efforts to keep the grounds free from rubbish, litter, snow, and ice.
- Changes light bulbs as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.