Instructional Specialist - Math
Days per Year: 187
JOB TITLE: Instructional Math Specialist
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
The Instructional Coach position is designed for the master teacher who strives to positively impact classroom success. The primary purpose of the Instructional Coach is to improve the delivery of the state standards and ensure the district instructional framework is delivered with efficacy. The instructional coach, under the direction of district leadership, will support classroom teachers and campus administration to strengthen instruction and increase student learning. The instructional coach will be directed by data and provide coaching on the instructional frames as supported by instructional rounds. This position will be required to have a strong knowledge of effective teaching and learning practices that address differentiated instruction and the digital learner both adult and student.
- Teacher Leader in related field preferred
- Valid Texas teaching certificate preferred
- Three years experience
- Classroom coaching experience (i.e., specialist/team leader/department chair, student teacher supervisor, teacher mentor, etc.) preferred
- Understanding of curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Ability to build capacity with campus leadership
- Ability to coach teachers and campus administrators in the critical attributes of instruction and student engagement with diverse populations
- Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to coordinate district functions
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to supervise, plan, and present professional learning
- Understanding of the instructional needs of 21st century learners
- Ability to design lessons that meet the expectations of the district instructional framework
- Ability to coach with a strong understanding of research-based instructional methodology to close achievement gaps
- Strong content knowledge
- Experience with developing and delivering professional learning
- Strong technology skills including technology integration
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to work with and lead adult learners
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Instructional Program Management
- Collaborates with administrators, teams and teachers to support the delivery of instruction to ensure students learn at high levels.
- Works collaboratively with teams, and instructional leaders to design instruction based on determined essential learning outcomes.
- Analyzes data and identifies the appropriate instructional response to data trends.
- Prepares reports to assist district and campus leaders in evaluating the effectiveness of current practices and to guide shifts in learning outcomes.
- Ensures the mission, vision and goals of the district are understood and implemented.
- Models district-supported instructional strategies/lessons based on district curriculum and instructional framework.
- Integrates technology when coaching instruction
- Provides leadership and technical expertise to campus administrators, teachers, and students for effective use of instructional technology.
- Promotes and models digital learning to support the needs of the 21st century learner.
- Builds district instructional capacity through professional learning based on data analysis.
- Implement policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy
- Maintains positive communication with both campus leaders and the Administration Team.
- Works in collaboration with the Administration Team and others as part of the instructional leadership team.
- Exhibits professionalism at all times and sees collaborative work as a process to derive at a solution that will aid student learning.
Maintain emotional control under stress
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties that may be required.