School Social Worker (St. Joseph HS and Walther Christian)
This is a position to work between the two parochial high schools within District 209, Walther Christian in Melrose Park and St. Joseph High School in Westchester. The position is a 100-day position, with a possibility of extending it to 120-days. The position would be responsibile for working with students with an ISP, IEP or 504 plan.
Illinois Certificate Type 073
Expereince working with RTI and social emotional health desired
1. Consult and provide in-service training experiences to school personnel on behalf of children.
2. Conduct the social developmental study in a case study evaluation and participate in the identification of those children who require this service.
3. Provide direct services to children.
4. Serve as a liaison between the home and the school and provide parental education and counseling as appropriate in relation to the child’s problem.
5. Facilitate the effective utilization of existing community resources to meet the needs of school children and assist in developing services which are needed but unavailable.
6. Make home visits, when necessary, to obtain parental consent before a case study evaluation is conducted or before initial placement in special education.
7. Consult with IEP team members regarding the pupil’s behavior management, learning problems, and program development.
8. Assess the child’s learning environment.
9. Assist in the referral of students to various out-of-school agencies as necessary.
10. Keep sufficient records of cases for use by school staff members and outside agencies when appropriate.
11. Help families make appropriate social agency contacts, when needed.
12. Serve as a resource person to school personnel (e.g. teacher, principal, supportive staff) and other district personnel when appropriate.