Food Service Server
Position: Food Service Server
Immediate Supervisor: Building Cafeteria Manager and Food Service Director
Terms of Employment: 182 days
Job Summary: The Food Service Server may perform multiple job duties during the work day. This employee must be comfortable with performing different job duties each day. The employee must be flexible while working in a fast pace environment. Some duties performed will be completing paperwork and preparing and cooking meals under strict federal guidelines. The employee must enjoy children of all ages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Demonstrate willingness to assume leadership positions.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Food Safety.
- Adhere to all district and building health and safety policies.
- Encourage ongoing professional growth for all workers by learning new skills and techniques as required.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Manage time during the work day and schedule flexibility.
- Work positively toward meeting identified district and building improvement goals.
- Develop and maintain a confidential, collegial relationship with all staff and school faculty.
- Possess an understanding of when to contact administrators regarding issues of safety/ethics involving students in cafeteria.
- Understand that job responsibilities may vary related to each building’s needs.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Building Cafeteria Manager and Food Service Director.Such as completing necessary paperwork, cashiering, forecasting, preparation, serving, production, dish washing, and clean up. Clean up may include heavy deep cleaning of equipment, serving areas, storeroom and coolers and freezers.
- Maintain confidentiality relative to student issues.
- Friendly customer service is mandatory.
Additional specific job duties
- Follow standards of safety, sanitation, and HACCP at all times.
- Help put away all food deliveries.
- Retrieve food products need for the daily menu.
- Prep food onto trays, pans in a timely manner.
- Cook food to the proper temperature.
- Put cooked foods into holding warmers and monitor temperatures.
- Prepare adequate amounts of food.
- Log temperatures of food onto food production records.
- Fill out the daily production records accurately.
- Log temperatures of freezers and coolers.
- Store leftover foods according to HACCP standards.
- Ensure all items on the menu are available to all students.
- Ensure all food items are ready for each lunch period.
- At least 2 years of experience in food service
- Possess good basic math skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and interact positively and professionally with staff and students.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Desire to continue career improvement.
- ServSafe Certified preferably. If not the employee must be able to pass a ServSafe test within a timely manner administered by the Food Service Director.
- Enjoy children of all ages.
- Requires prolonged standing.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift up to 50 lbs, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasional stooping, bending and reaching.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk, see, feel, and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be excessive at times. Work is generally performed indoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties, and additional duties may be assigned.
The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the Corporation.