2020-2021 School Nurse
Job | Posted 4 months ago
- Assists school health committee and administrators in developing the school health program.
- Participates in work of health curriculum committee.
- Performs state recommended screenings on appropriate groups of students and makes necessary referrals.
- Observes students on a regular basis to detect health needs.
- Informs teachers and staff on screening students for health defects.
- Maintains up-to-date cumulative health records on all students.
- Reports to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics and other agencies on student health matters as requested by the superintendent, district staff and principals.
- Visits student homes when necessary.
- Administers First Aid in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitors, assists and/or administers medications.
- Administers or assists with prescribed medical services.
- Makes recommendations to Director of Speech and Language Services on program improvement.
- Implements policy on exclusion and readmission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records.
- Participates in professional development training programs.
- Attends meetings called by the Director of Speech and Language Services.
- Assists school personnel in maintaining sanitary standard in the school.
- Checks records to ensure that all students have had the immunizations required by law and refers parents to where they may be obtained.
- Prepares and submits required health reports to appropriate agencies.
Job Summary: Full Time; (Teacher School Calendar); Full benefits available
Qualifications: RN Certification necessary
Working Conditions: Edisto Primary School. The nurse will serve the needs of the all students. Nurses office is located in the school.
Orangeburg 4 School District
102 Founders Court, Orangeburg, SC 29115
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,316
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.20
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 766