Substitute Nutrition Services Worker
DESCRIPTION: Perform functions related to the preparation and serving of food in a school environment. Keep work area and equipment clean and sanitary.
SALARY: $12.08 per hour. When starting as substitute staff in Nutrition Services, based on performance, you may be offered a regular position with the school district. On-call, as needed, no guarantee of hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparing meals following instructions on standardized recipes, including operating various types of institutional equipment used in food preparation or cleaning and complying with federal, state, and local guidelines for sanitation and child nutrition programs.
- Portion food correctly to meet federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Wash trays, utensils, dishes, pans, etc. used in food preparation or service.
- Mop, sweep, and clean kitchen work area, equipment, and other facilities as required.
- Two years of high school, vocational school, or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Basic math, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Ability to deal with children and children with special needs.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO KITCHEN MANAGER ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /////SCHOOL DISTRICT 27J NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District’s non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.