District Based Substitute Teacher (1.0 FTE)
2020-2021 School Year
Student Attendance Days and Teacher In-Service Days
$150.00 Per Diem
Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the resources provided by the District.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior and report to the appropriate administrator information about individual student compliance with school and district behavioral expectations, and state and federal laws.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the District's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Reading training/background preferred with a strong knowledge of Response to Intervention and Common Core State Standards.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulations.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board Policy.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
Illinois Professional Educators Licensure with ISBE, required.
Applications will be reviewed and selected by the building's hiring supervisor.
Selected individuals will be assigned by the HR department to open teaching positions where a teacher is not able to teach onsite due to remote learning or other employee leaves