SUBSTITUTE TEACHER AIDE
MCISD Substitute Aides take the place of a regularly appointed teacher aide in his or her absence. Substitute aides have the option to select to work in any MCISD classroom, located in the local district school buildings throughout Monroe County and/or the Educational Center and Transition Center on Raisinville Road.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
AVAILABLE: School year substitute position available. Up to 7 hours per day or as determined by assignment. Lunch break duty-free, non-paid or non-duty free, paid lunch break (30 minutes) as determined by assignment. Employment is on an as needed basis.
SALARY & BENEFITS: $10.50/hour. No benefits.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist special needs students grades preschool through age 26 in attending to their personal and academic needs, as directed by the teacher.
- Perform required care-giving/personal hygiene activities for student; i.e., feeding, toileting, dressing, etc.
- Assist in the physical management of students.
- Exhibit flexibility and patience when dealing with staff and students.
- Exhibit ability to work independently within guidelines established by the teacher and administration.
- Assist students on and off the bus, including students in wheelchairs, lifting students as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to students and program.
- Demonstrate warmth, concern, care and enthusiasm, as well as a genuine interest in students.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Follow work rules.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, waist high (lifting test required).
- Must successfully complete CPI Training.
- Carry out all other responsibilities that may be assigned by the teacher or supervisor
High school diploma or GED, required.
Previous experience as a teacher aide for special needs children, preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos
- Good verbal, math and grammar skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with special needs students.
- CPI training preferred; ability to successfully complete a CPI course
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to problem solve
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK
Upon hire, employees of the Monroe County Intermediate School District are fingerprinted for a Michigan and FBI criminal history check. The processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
Working Conditions:PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to bend at the neck more than the average person. The employee must regularly lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and peripheral vision. The employee needs to be able to tell where a sound is coming from and hear in a noisy environment. Occasionally will assist in physical management of students.
The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities for perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is loud and is a standard acceptable level for this environment. The employee is frequently required to interact with the public and other staff, continuously meeting multiple demands from several people. Exposure to bodily fluids
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us. Click on "Employment" and "Applitrack" and follow instructions to apply for this position. Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume', transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Human Resources Department
Monroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe MI 48161
Phone: (734) 322-2642
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.