**********BEFORE APPLYING, THOROUGHLY READ THE TEXT BELOW.***********
Due to COVID-19 and efforts to comply with health mandates, there is a possibility that you will be asked to limit the number of schools where you will work. We will have a list of locations available to choose from when you process with human resources.
Hiring Process for Substitute Teachers
- Complete an online employment application.
- Attach your college transcripts to your application.
- Provide at least three professional references, two of which must be from current or previous supervisors. Please provide valid email addresses for your references, as they will be sent the reference form via email. We do not accept family members or friends as references. As soon as you submit your application, a reference form is sent via email from email@example.com.
- You are responsible for monitoring the return of completed reference surveys. To do so, log into your Frontline Applicant Tracking (AppliTrack) account and click on the references section. References that are listed as "Incomplete" have not been returned and may require additional follow up from you. Add more references as needed.
- Go to the link below and fill out the google form to sign up for online orientation.
6. Once human resources has verified that your references have been returned, you will be sent two emails:
- First email: New hire paperwork, your login information to Canvas, HR processing schedule and information on next steps.
- Second email: An electronic background check, to be completed as soon as possible.
(Please note: Trainings are customized to your login and the courses on your dashboard are the only ones you need to complete.)
- certificates of completion
- completed new hire paperwork
- $49 for fingerprints - we accept cash, check, credit cards, or money orders
*Applicants must complete orientation and be approved by human resources prior to working.
Pay: $18.00 per hour with a minimum of 48 credit hours; no benefits
$20.00 per hour with an Alaska teacher certificate; no benefits
Availability: On-Call. Subs work an average of 2-3 days per week. You sign up for sub jobs online with our absence management system which will be covered in orientation.