Elementary Art Teacher
Working from one of our offices in Pennsylvania, the certified Elementary Art Teacher will “virtually” manage instructional programs. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
The Elementary Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Attend field trips and other community activities implemented for families
- Partake in student recruiting sessions and other marketing efforts that require teacher representation
- Take an active role in Great Start Sessions for newly enrolled families in their effort to become acquainted with our cyber environment
- Establish a set of norms for your class of students and establish a sense of culture and community within your virtual classroom
- Support the instructional program with asynchronous web conferencing sessions and synchronous instruction
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to given lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with parents and students)
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program’s K-12 curriculum and a very detailed knowledge of the grades for which responsible
- Consult with team members and staff learning specialists to develop alternate enrichment activities and modifications to students’ programs to increase student understanding
- Participate in the organization and administration of the State Testing, as directed
- Complete all grading, create progress reports and conduct parent conferences in a timely manner
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning Plans and schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects
- Connect regularly with parents, students, and curriculum specialists through use of computer and telephone
- Keep student records and data up-to-date, including cumulative files, online student and family information, attendance accounting, and logging of all student and parent contacts
- Intrinsically motivated to serve families and students
- Customer service approach with a high degree of flexibility with accountability
- Highly qualified and certified to teach in the area of elementary (between K-6th)
- Receptive to change
- Strong technology skills (including learning new educational programs/websites that enhances instruction)
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
- Goal oriented, with motivation to improve skill set to remain a 21st century educator
- Highly detailed-orientated and analytical
- Accepts and seeks constructive feedback from a supervisor and/or teammate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Ability to report to a family service center to conduct work
This is largely a sedentary role. Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
- Travel may be required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching certificate in subject area
- 2 years of relevant work experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Commonwealth Charter Academy is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.