Coordinator of Backup, Networking and Implementation
LEARN, a regional educational service center located in southeastern, CT, has an opening for a Coordinator of Backup, Networking and Implementation. The Coordinator of Backup, Networking & Implementation is responsible for supporting the Director of Information Technology in the management of the LEARN backup/recovery and disaster recovery plan, offsite backups, networking, implementation of technology and related systems.
- Assist in providing direction and coordination of the Information Technology Department and the LEARN Technology Plan. Specifically in securing the network architecture to meet and exceed the in the parameters of the Technology Plan.
- Assist in budgeting for networking, security and backup technology for schools and departments
- Assist in inventorying assets such as; switch, router and network appliances.
- Implement appropriate educational and training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state of the art technology, equipment and/or systems
- Maintain and assist in managing all networks in the organization, this includes TCP/IP protocols, DHCP, DNS, IPv4 and IPv6
- Create and document network maps of each location. Update maps (physical and logical) as network changes are made
- Assist in developing firewall rules to protect and continually monitor the security of LEARN’s technology
- Troubleshoot and solve computer related problems
- Assist in developing and maintaining a backup strategy for file recovery, server restoration and disaster recovery
- Review and Back-up Network logs on a daily basis and restore data when necessary
- Suggest policies and implement programs to increase efficiency in backup strategy and networking
- Monitor LEARN’s related technology systems such as telephone, security, etc. and serve as back up for emergency calls.
- Perform other tasks appropriately assigned by Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, and/or Director of Information Technology
Desirable Experience and Training
At least two years of experience in a related position; Bachelor’s Degree is required; Microsoft Certification in MCSA preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to evaluate and assess computer systems and hardware/software proposals for technical merit, cost effectiveness and business application
Current knowledge of technological developments/trends
Qualified applicants should submit their credentials and apply on line at www.learn.k12.ct.us. EOE