Temporary Tech Support
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Bargaining Unit: TEMPORARY
Work Year: Temporary position
Work Day: Hours vary per day
FTE: Temporary position
Salary: $16 per hour
The Temporary Technical Support position is hired for specific short term projects. The temporary tech is tasked by the technical support supervisor or the technical support specialist II.
The following are required:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and correct problems relating to operating systems and applications for both Windows and Apple platforms.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to calm and work with irritated and discouraged users.
- Must have exceptional listening and logical reasoning skills to analyze problems and determine effective solutions.
- Must be prepared to work outside normal working hours as required.
- Must have own transportation with a current Alaska driver’s license and be prepared to use it on company business.
The following are preferred:
- A rudimentary understanding of computer connectivity.
- Ability to follow directions consistently and thoroughly.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with others.
Essential Job Functions
- Turns computers on and verifies they are connected to the network.
- Assists the Information Technology supervisor and network and support center staff to monitor application connectivity over the ASD network.
- Setup and configure Chromebook carts
- Assist in school based work under supervision of other IT technicians
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to communicate by oral and written means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with qualified physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, coworkers, and the public. Employees must also have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief for additional information.
The Anchorage School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Anchorage School District
540 DYEA AVE, JBER , AK 99505
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,209
% ELL Students
State Average: 11%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.91
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 314