Substitute Teaching Assistant, Infant/Toddler, Preschool Center Needham Public Schools
Substitute Infant/Toddler, and/or Preschool Teacher's Assistant for Needham Public Schools, NCE Early Childcare Program
The Needham Public Schools seeks outstanding applicants for the positions of Substitute Infant/Toddler and/or Preschool Teacher's Assistant for our Early Childcare Program for the 2020-21 school year starting 8/31/20.
The Substitute TA will provide social, emotional and behavioral support for infants, toddlers and preschoolers, following the curriculum, based on developmentally appropriate practices. They shall follow the direction of the supervising Teacher and implement the direct care of children. The Substitute TA will work collaboratively to create and maintain the classroom spaces, and learning environments, in accordance with EEC rules, regulations and guidelines.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Must be at least 16 years of age and be working toward, or have, a high school diploma or equivilent.
- Experience working with Infants, Toddlers and/or Preschoolers preferred.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to be flexible in order to adjust to the changing energy and circumstances of the children/classroom
- Ability to make decisions in the moment to ensure the safety of all students.
- Willingness to take direction from the Teachers and Director.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills in order to interact with both staff, children and parents/guardians.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. and have the ability to interact with children in active situations. Regular sitting, including sitting on the floor, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing a stroller/buggy, and carrying children is required. Will be working indoors and outdoors.
- Take delight in the laughter, silliness and fun of children 3 months – 5 years!
Competitive hourly rate offered for this position with workdays that follow the school calendar. Center will be closed for school breaks in December, February and April, … and summers off too!
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process.
Please apply online
Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation have been attached to your online application.
The Needham Public School System is a member of METCO, Initiatives for Developing Equity and Achievement for Students (IDEAS) and the Greater Boston School Human Resources Network. Candidates who have a strong commitment to active anti-racism are encouraged to apply.
The Needham Public Schools does not discriminate against students, parents, employees or the general public on the basis of race, color, sex, homeless status, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age. In addition to the protected classes identified and in regard to employment practices, the Needham Public Schools also does not discriminate based on genetic information, ancestry or status as a veteran.