POSITION: JROTC Teacher
TERM: Ten Months
SALARY: State Salary Schedule
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching
- North Carolina State certification in teaching in appropriate subject area.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work. Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations. Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
REPORTS TO: Principal
CONTACT: Submit an application to the Human Resources Department
PO Box 911
Statesville, North Carolina 28687