2 Letters of Professional Reference (within the last year)
Work of unskilled and of semi-skilled nature requiring some training or experience working with tools, equipment, and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General knowledge of checking fluid levels, recognizing leaks and problems pertaining to the safe operation of school buses and other school board vehicles.
- Oversee and assist drivers with the fueling of buses and checking for fuel spillages.
- Checking tire pressures, fixing flat tires with plugs or patches.
- Replacing, breaking down, and remounting tires on the rims.
- Drive tire truck to do on the road tire repairs.
- Perform oil changes and do brake adjustments
- Wash spare buses when assigned, dump trash from the mechanic shop and service station.
- Perform duties as assigned for the mechanic shop.
Qualifications: Skill in the use of typical service station tools and ability to instruct others in use of same. Ability to instruct and direct the efforts of Service Station employees. Ability to prepare and follow instructions.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System and all of its entities (including Career and Technical Education Programs) does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability or gender in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment), and it is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender by Title IX (20 USC 168) and on the basis of disability by Section 504 (42 USC 794). The Title IX Coordinator is Andrew Davis, Director of Risk Management (ADavis6@ebrschools.org), - phone (225)929-8705. The Section 504 Coordinator is Elizabeth Taylor Chapman, Director of Exceptional Student Services (ETaylor@ebrschools.org) – phone (225)929-8600.