Teacher of the Visually Impaired
We’re seeking a motivated, caring and licensed Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments to join our team.
This position includes working directly with students with disabilities in a school setting to help them achieve maximum academic benefits through evaluations and therapeutic interventions.
We partner with many public, suburban schools in Central Ohio and the surrounding area. We currently have opportunities in:
Central Ohio (Franklin and surrounding counties)
- Valid teaching license in the area of vision impairment issued by the Ohio Department of Education
- Bachelor's degree
- Documentation of a clear criminal record
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies
Reports To: Director of Student Services and his/her designee
Provide interventions and evaluations informed by evidence; provide accommodations and support to help students with visual impairments access the general education curriculum.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations, however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance or intended to be all inclusive.
- Evaluates students as a part of the multi-factored evaluation process in the areas of visual discrimination, ocular pursuits, braille reading and writing, and other related areas.
- Assists with the development of the individualized education program (IEP) for students.
- Plans and implements therapy programs for identified students, develops a therapy schedule, participates in team meetings, conferences, etc. .
- Incorporates and promotes instructional, assistive, and other types of technology; and upholds the acceptable use policy.
- Utilizes appropriate assessment, data collection and progress monitoring methods to access academic and social performance, to inform instruction and monitor progress.
- Consults with parents, school personnel, and outside agencies, as appropriate; provide families with techniques to assist with therapeutic interventions at home.
- Adapts to unique circumstances and factors such as travel, inclement weather, extended hours, student behaviors, etc.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Leverage your talents in a meaningful and impactful way
Directly serve students in Central Ohio
State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)
Medical, vision and dental benefits
Professional Learning Opportunities | As an educational agency, we value learning and encourage our employees to grow in their professional career through professional learning.
Qualified, Professional Mentor | Each new hire is paired with an experienced staff member who will provide guidance and help acclimate you in your new role.
Great Work-Life Balance
Paid Sick Leave
Salary: Commensurate with experience and in accordance with specified salary schedule
Reports To: Director of the Center for Student Services and Coordinator of Special Education
Application Procedure: Please complete the employment application through www.escco.org and upload a letter of interest and/or resume.
Job ID: 13537