Dean of Student Support (AB) - Sherwood Elementary - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted 16 days ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Dean of Student Support (AB)
Job Title: Dean of Student Support (AB) Reports To: Building Principal Classification: Professional Wage/Hour Status: Exempt Days: 188 days Salary: See Compensation Plan for New Hire Guide for Teachers Contract: Probationary/Term Date Revised: 7/20/2020 Primary Purpose: Responsible for the instructional program and guidance of all students, with special emphasis on those identified as needing special education services. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate or Teaching Certificate from out-of-state appropriate for position.
- Special education certification preferred, but not required.
- Principal certification completed or in progress.
- ILT, ILD, or Advanced Educational Leadership (AEL) certification required.
- Must complete T-TESS certification by September 1, 2020.
- Certification must meet requirements for becoming and remaining qualified for this position in a manner required by Federal and/or State law.
- Extensive knowledge of effective behavioral practices for students with severe emotional/behavioral problems.
- Proficient in designing, implementing, and monitoring complex behavior intervention plans.
- Expertise in data collection systems to develop instructional and behavioral strengths, needs, and goals for specially designed instruction as well as progress monitoring.
- Trained in de-escalation and restraint techniques as required by the district.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the effective use of technology.
- Physical capacity to meet needs of students with physical disabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with both adults and children.
- Minimum of two year classroom experience required.
Responsibilities: Instructional and Organizational Leadership
- Participate in the identification/evaluation of learner competencies.
- Recommend appropriate goals/objectives for learner needs.
- Assist in developing/writing students' IEP's.
- Support instructional objectives based on student's learning style.
- Implement new methodologies, philosophies and innovations.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity
- Ability and knowledge to provide constructive coaching and feedback to teachers.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students and support the mission of school district.
- Assist with needs of students with physical and emotional disabilities.
- Support teachers in creating a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities. Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Attend required meetings and complete required reports.
- Support the campus administration in the supervision of all students.
- Conduct conferences on school and student issues with students, teachers and parents.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals and teachers. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Collaborate with others to provide for learner needs.
- Consult with parents and other appropriate school personnel concerning each student's intellectual, academic social, emotional and physical development.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills. Keep informed of and comply with state, district and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain and file all physical and computerizes reports, records and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer, copy machine and audio visual machines. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desk and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional restraining of students when appropriate
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
1700 SHERWOOD FOREST, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558